Have you been thinking of taking horse riding lessons in Katy?
I found an article that addresses some of the reasons you might want to start riding horses, and wanted to share it. For me (Webmaster at Freeman Ranch and Stables), as a person with MS, I thought I’d like to start riding, as I noticed that Ann Romney also loves to ride and finds it therapeutic to help with her MS. So I’ve inquired about taking some lessons with Dev at Freeman Ranch in Katy and it’s surprisingly affordable.
As you can see from the article, there’s all sorts of reasons one might want to take lessons. In addition to exploring the outdoors and getting some exercise, it teaches discipline (parents take note) and is a pleasant way to socialize.
Horse Riding – 5 Reasons You Should Take Up Horse Riding Lessons
How many outdoor activities offer you the opportunity to bond with an animal? Move the same pace with it. Riding a horse gives you the opportunity not only to care for the animal but also let the animal take you places you would normally not go because of the distance or gear limitations. Here are 5 reasons why you should take up horse riding lessons.
1. Horse riding lessons are a great way to keep fit and healthy. Regularly riding a horse works out your heart and lungs making an amazing cardiovascular workout. The activity is also a great way to enhance good posture, muscle strength, motor skills and coordination. Horse riding lessons will introduce you to the liberating and confidence building endeavour of riding horses. It is a total mind and body workout while having a great time.
2. A great way to explore the outdoors. Riding a horse will take you back to nature. Vast countryside, and terrain that where you will find the outmost form of relaxation. Horse riding lessons are a relaxed kind of learning less the initial competitive aspects commonly found in outdoor recreational activities. As the horse is an essential in this activity, you will also learn to develop an affinity, a connection to the animal as your partner. Caring for your horse is also a form of learning that brings you back to the simplest form of caring for nature and its elements.
3. Discover a passion that will change your profession. Horse riding can open a diverse array of opportunities that you may be interested in. As you progress through your lessons, you may discover and develop a passion for these majestic steeds and open doors to show jumping, horse breeding and even opening your own stables and provide lessons yourself.
4. Learning to ride a horse is an amazing activity where anyone can learn and develop responsibility and discipline. Beyond riding skills and safety procedures, attitude plays a major role when riding a horse. A proper attitude and demeanour is learned by emphasizing the responsibilities as a rider and as the horse’s caretaker.
5. Riding horses is a great social activity. It gets you acquainted with different kinds of interesting people who are also into the same hobby. It is an activity that tends to bring people closer as they share their own horse riding stories. It’s also a social activity with different kinds of horses, breed, colour, skill and riding mastery.
Riding horses has been part of everyone’s childhood dreams. The freedom, the prestige and the adventure of riding horses is what cowboy dreams and princess tales are made of. It’s never too early or too late to take horse riding lessons and bring your youngest dreams to a galloping reality.
Hannah McEwen is a lover of horse riding. She is also an experienced writer and enjoys sharing information and tips on horse riding with other like-minded people. Hannah McEwen has experienced and tried horse riding all around Australia and recommends anyone interested in riding a horse to give it a go!!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Hannah_McEwen